Challenging military recruitment practices in the UK and contributing to a wider understanding of peaceful alternatives to conflict, Forces Watch is a new network set up to:
- Increase public awareness of, and challenge to, unethical military recruitment practices
- Work to improve recruitment policy/practice so that the moral rights of potential recruits are better protected
- Make potential recruits and their families more aware of the risks, difficulties and legal obligations of an armed forces career
- Increase public questioning of government campaigns that use the armed forces to promote uncritical support for military solutions to international problems.
- Work with organisations/individuals/initiatives in the network.
Over the coming months it will be developing the website to facilitate a network of activists working on military recruitment. The site will include: information and campaigning materials; discussion forums; guidelines for challenging military recruitment; resources and links, and more. It looks forward to input from many different individuals and groups and welcomes ideas and suggestions.
See more of: Campaign profile